O3a Thin CA Adhesive is an ethyl cyanoacrylate super glue classified as a "wicking formulation" adhesive.
Due to it's extreme thinness, O3a Thin CA Adhesive is widely used to fill, bond, strengthen and stabilse hairline cracks and fine fractures in the workpiece, primarily due to it's exceptionally low viscosity, intense bonding ability and highly effective capillary action.
O3a Thin CA Adhesive is used across a broad spectrum of applications in woodworking, pen turning, knife making, woodturning, marquetry, parquetry, jewellery making, antique conservation as well as archeology in fossil and artifact preservation and protection.
It is ideally suited to strengthening and stabilising any porous and/or fragile material such as very soft woods, "punky" woods, spalted woods, most ceramic products, metal and stone powder inlays, unpolished porous or semi-porous rocks and minerals, bone and ivory.
O3a Thin CA Adhesive works exceptionally well for quick positioning of jig and form components for temporary and permanent jigs, fences, stops, and templates.
As a finish in turned work, O3a Thin CA Glue excels! Simply apply a few coats in reasonably quick succession, sand with high grit paper and it can be polished to a remarkably hard wearing and high gloss finish!
We strongly suggest using O3a Aerosol Accelerator when saturation of a very porous workpiece is to be avoided. With the accelerator, instant curing will prevent the adhesive from being excessively absorbed into the workpiece and will also result in less adhesive being required.
- Filling: Cracks, voids, inclusions and knots in wood.
- Repairing: Cracks, voids, inclusions and knots in wood.
- Woodturning: Void and crack filling and stabilisation. High gloss finish for a durable, clear and waterproof coat.
- Knife making: Crack and void filling and stabilisation. High gloss finish for a durable, clear and waterproof coat.
- Lutherie: Stabilisation & highly effective wicking of guitar fretboard cuts. Installation of purfling & multiple medium bindings, inlays and rosettes.
- Archeology: Infiltrative preparation of fossils pre-extraction. Fine stone work, granite, marble, quartz and semi-precious stone conservation & repair.
- Jewellery & related fields: Powdered stones and metal inlay, jewellery manufacture & repair.
- Museums and Conservators: Furniture conservation and repair. Ceramic conservation and repair.
- Taxidermy: Construction, conservation and repair.
- Carbon Fibre
- Fibre Glass
- Semi-porous and porous rock and stones
- Most plastics and PVC's
- Premium Industrial Grade Cyanoacrylate Adhesive
- Laboratory Formulated and Tested
- Deep infiltrating super-thin CA Adhesive
- Highly efficient capillary action for micro apertures and fractures in a variety of substrates
- As a wicking formulation adhesive, O3a Thin CA Adhesive excels in a multitude of applications, both in hobby and professional market.
- Viscosity: 12-22 mPa-s
For short term storage (<30 days), keep adhesive in a cool (16°C to 27°C), dry place out of direct sunlight. Keep containers tightly covered and free of moisture. Refrigeration (4°C) gives optimum long term storage stability.
CA Adhesives can be expected to have a shelf life of one year from the date of shipment, when stored under refrigerated conditions of at least 4ºC