O3a Thick Cyanoacrylate Adhesive is a proprietary, thick CA adhesive
O3a Thick Cyanoacrylate Adhesive is an excellent choice for filling small to medium imperfections in your timber, void filling where a clear result is required and for artistically accentuating and stabilising natural cavities in your projects.
O3a Thick Cyanoacrylate Adhesive easily penetrates into the substrate to effectively bond your components. It can be sanded by hand or machine and can be polished to an exceptionally high gloss.
O3a Thick Cyanoacrylate Adhesive is commonly used for crack filling in artisanal counter and table tops, for bowl and spindle woodturning and creative inlays.
Generally, good bonding is achieved within 30-60 seconds. If the area to be glued/filled is large and/or deep, the adhesive will accordingly take longer to cure. In these situations, we strongly recommend the use of O3a CA Aerosol Accelerator.
- Filling: Cracks, voids, inclusions and knots in wood.
- Repairing: Cracks, voids, inclusions and knots in wood.
- Woodturning: Void and crack filling and stabilisation. High gloss finish for a durable, clear and waterproof coat.
- Knife making: Crack and void filling and stabilisation. High gloss finish for a durable, clear and waterproof coat.
- Lutherie: Stabilisation & highly effective wicking of guitar fretboard cuts. Installation of purfling & multiple medium bindings, inlays and rosettes.
- Archeology: Infiltrative preparation of fossils pre-extraction. Fine stone work, granite, marble, quartz and semi-precious stone conservation & repair.
- Jewellery & related fields: Powdered stones and metal inlay, jewellery manufacture & repair.
- Museums and Conservators: Furniture conservation and repair. Ceramic conservation and repair.
- Taxidermy: Construction, conservation and repair.
- Carbon Fibre
- Fibre Glass
- Semi-porous and porous rock and stones
- Most plastics and PVC's
- Premium Industrial Grade Cyanoacrylate Adhesive
- Laboratory Formulated and Tested
- Deep infiltrating super-thin CA Adhesive
- Highly efficient capillary action for micro apertures and fractures in a variety of substrates
- As a wicking formulation adhesive, O3a Thin CA Adhesive excels in a multitude of applications, both in hobby and professional market.
- Viscosity: 12-22 mPa-s
For short term storage (<30 days), keep adhesive in a cool (16°C to 27°C), dry place out of direct sunlight. Keep containers tightly covered and free of moisture. Refrigeration (4°C) gives optimum long term storage stability.
CA Adhesives can be expected to have a shelf life of one year from the date of shipment, when stored under refrigerated conditions of at least 4ºC